Are you looking for a unique and savory dish for your holiday meal? Put some kick in your traditional stuffing dish with this recipe for Sausage, Pecan and Cranberry Stuffing featuring Albert’s Meats’ Country Sausage Patties.
If the smell doesn’t grab your guests’ attention, the flavor certainly will!
- 16 ounce package Albert’s Country Sausage Patties
- 1-1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat, chopping into small pieces.
- Add onion and celery; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the broth, butter and eggs and seasonings. Pour over bread; toss to coat.
- Fold in the pecans, cranberries and the sausage mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°.