Nothing says “comfort food” quite like Gnocchi Mac & Cheese with Albert’s Sweet Italian Sausage. This recipe will fill your need for a hearty meal like nobody’s business.
Add a salad for balance and you can call this your entire meal. It’s almost too good to be dinner!
- 16 oz package of Albert’s Meats Sweet Italian Sausage
- 28 oz potato gnocchi
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmet
- 1/2 cup grated edam
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra cheese for top
- Preheat the oven to 400F and cook the gnocchi following package directions.
- Cook the Albert’s Meats Sweet Italian Sausage in boiling water. Then heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and Albert’s Sweet Italian Sausage. Fry for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the meat browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the butter. Whisk in the flour and gradually add milk, whisking well. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back, but not boiling. Stir in the nutmeg, cheeses, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked gnocchi and sausage.
- Pour into an oven-proof dish, sprinkle the top with the extra cheese, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden.