Nothing says fall like a hearty helping of some warm stew. This recipe for Albert’s Meats’ Andouille Smoked Sausage Potato Stew is just what your family needs for a cool fall or winter evening.
Don’t forget the toasted crusty bread to go along with this dish. We suggest a garlic bread to truly enhance this stew!
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 14 oz Albert’s Meats Andouille Smoked Sausage, ½ inch slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 6 cups Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, season with ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Albert’s Meats Andouille Smoked Sausage slices; stir occasionally until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, ½ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well coated, about 3 more minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves and paprika. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium and cook 12 minutes.
- Add the chard; cover and cook, stirring until the potatoes are tender and the chard is wilted, 3 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls; top with parsley, drizzle with olive oil and serve with toasted crusty bread.