Albert’s Ring Bologna and Sauerkraut recipe is the answer to a cold winter’s night meal or the favorite dish on New Year’s day. This dish will warm you from the inside out
For our “Meat and Potatoes” friends, you can add diced potatoes to this recipe just before covering and cooking the mixture for the first 10 minutes. One dish dinners are always a hit.
- (1) 14 oz package of Albert’s Meats Plain Ring Bologna, cut into 4 pieces
- 32 oz sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions, celery seed, caraway seed, salt and pepper.
- Next, add the sauerkraut.
- Slice the surface of the bologna with a knife and then add it to the top of the sauerkraut mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 20-30 minutes.