This classic breakfast casserole isn’t just for breakfast! The whole family will enjoy a surprise breakfast-dinner and there won’t be any left-overs with this recipe; featuring Albert’s Meats Country Sausage.
- 16 oz Albert’s Meats Country Sausage
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package country gravy mix
- 6 slices bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- paprika to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Grease an 11×8 inch baking dish
- Brown sausage in a large skillet; drain fat
- Combine sausage with green onion and spread evenly across bottom of baking dish. Top with shredded cheese. Whisk together eggs, water, milk, and gravy mix; add mixture to baking dish. Arrange bread squares evenly on top. If desired, drizzle melted butter over bread, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside 10 minutes before serving.