If you like spice of the Big Easy, you’ll appreciate this recipe for Spicy Jambalaya with Albert’s Smoked Sausage. The flavors in this dish will have your taste buds dancing like it’s Mardi Gras in your mouth.
- 2 packages Albert’s Smoked Sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 4 tsp Creole seasoning
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- In a large pot, heat 2 tsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Lightly brown the sausage and Creole seasoning.
- Add the diced onion, crushed tomatoes and 1 tsp of olive oil to the sausage, mix and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped pepper and garlic, then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Next, stir in the chicken broth, rice, and spices, then cover and cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.