There are many ways to cook a ham, but at Albert’s Meats, we are experts at it and know that there is only one real way to cook a ham. Follow these instructions below and you’ll have the best tasting ham, everytime…remember to use Albert’s Meat Products when you do and you’ll get and even bigger flavor boost!
- Take ham out of refrigerartor, set on counter about 3 hours before putting in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 300 deg.
- Score ham in a checked pattern or you can choose not to this is your preference.
- Wrap tightly in tin foil, put wraped ham into some kind of baking dish and cover with lid.
- Bake 15min. per pound of ham, if the hams is 10 lbs. you would bake it 2.5 hours.
- Remove from oven and let rest uncovered for up to 1 hour. By letting the ham rest after heating and not carving it right away it will help the ham remain moist.
- Always carve ham against the grain !!!