Do you enjoy the spicier side of life? Do you like your meal to have a little heat? Albert’s Spicy Pickled Franks will have your taste buds dancing if you answered “Yes” to these questions. Not your ordinary hotdog recipe, these spicy franks are great for gatherings, cookouts or anytime you crave something different.
- Recycled wide mouth screw top jar (old peanut butter jar works great)
- Albert’s Meats Natural Casing Old Fashioned Franks (The one with SNAP!)
- 2 tsp pickling spice
- 2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Red Chilies, optional
- Jalapeños, optional
- Add vinegar, water and all spices to a pot and simmer approximately 5 minutes.
- Put franks vertically in the recycled jar. Pack as many in as you can manage while still allowing room for the pickling spices.
- If you like a little more heat, this is when you would cut off the tops from the red chilies and quarter the jalapeños, and then add them to the empty spaces in the jar.
- Next, pour the hot brine mixture over the franks and screw the lid on tightly. Turn the jar over a few times to get the brine equally distributed and store in the refrigerator for at least one full day. After one week they will be perfect.
- Now prepare the franks your favorite way; whether it be grilling, boiling or straight from the jar these won’t last long!