Albert’s Smoked Sausage and Veggie Kabobs are a hit anytime of the year, but especially when we haven’t had that taste of summer for month and months. Let’s think outside the box and use an indoor grill to transport us into the warm, flavorful days of summer, even if it’s just in our minds (and mouths).
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 15 oz. package Albert’s Meats Smoked Sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Spray cold grate of an indoor or outdoor grill with cooking spray, then preheat grill on medium.
- Cover sweet potatoes with water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Next, combine preserves and mustard, then set aside.
- Drain potatoes. Carefully place onto 8 skewers alternately with the sausage, bell peppers and onion.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with the preserve mixture.
- It is ready to serve when the sausage is hot and vegetables are crisp-tender.