Looking for a new twist to an already favorite dish? Pizza gets a fun makeover by using pitas and some spice by adding Albert’s Meats Country Sausage to this recipe.
- 10 oz package of Albert’s Meats Country Sausage
- 1 package white or whole wheat pitas
- 1-2 cups marinara or pizza sauce
- 8 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Brown sausage in pan then cut into pieces
- Split open pitas and spread sauce on each side
- Top pitas with mozzarella cheese
- Add sausage and a little more cheese
- Sprinkle with oregano (if desired)
- Place pita pizzas on cookie trays and place in preheated oven for 3-8 minutes until cheese melts and pita crisps. Let cool then enjoy!