Get your day off to the best possible start with these make-ahead, hearty muffins filled with Albert’s Meats Country Sausage and cheese. They are the perfect breakfast on the go!
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 lb. browned Albert’s Meats Country Sausage
- 4 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp garlic powder or grated fresh
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, including cheese. Add milk and mix until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add the browned, undrained sausage after it has cooled. Mix thoroughly.
- The dough can be spread into a 13×9-inch baking pan (sprayed with cooking spray) or dropped by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Cooking time will vary with method used. For a 13×9-inch pan, bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Drop biscuits, bake for about 10-15 minutes. The dough may also be spread on a jelly roll pan and baked for 15-20 minutes.
- After cooling for 10 minutes, the spread product should be cut into bars for serving.