If you’re hosting a party and want a delicious appetizer for your guests; going to a covered-dish get together; or simply want to WOW your family with something special, Albert’s Kielbasa in Maple and Beer recipe fits the bill. No doubt, everyone will rave about this dish and it doesn’t require hours in the kitchen.
For our “Meat and Potatoes” friends, you can add diced potatoes to this recipe just before covering and cooking the mixture for the first 10 minutes. One dish dinners are always a hit.
- (2) 14 oz packages of Albert’s Meats Polska Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and separated
- 1 can of beer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cut onion into quarters and separate. Slice kielbasa into bite sized chunks. Cook them together in a skillet, turning frequently so they are evenly browned.
- Mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1 can of beer in a large bowl. It will foam, so be sure to use a large bowl.
- Add sugar/beer mixture to skillet with kielbasa/onion mixture, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Use toothpicks to serve to your guests.