If you love the flavor of those overpriced Italian Sausage sandwiches you get at the fair, then you will be head over heels with this recipe for Albert’s Crockpot Italian Sausage and Peppers. For a fraction of the price, you can feed your family AND have some left over for tossing with some pasta the next night.
- 2 packages Albert’s Italian sausage links
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 5 medium onions, sliced
- Hoagie rolls
- Place sliced peppers and onions in the crockpot. Use any color of peppers you prefer, but a combination makes a colorful AND tasty dish.
- Brown the sausage links in on the stove, and then place on top of the peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Just prior to serving, toast the hoagie rolls. This can be done by following any one of the five ways shown in this blog post: How To Toast Buns.
- Once your hoagie buns are nice and toasty, add the sausage, peppers, and onions.
- Top the tasty sandwich with cheese, mustard, or marinara sauce.